Lessons learned

The one thing that I have learned most up to this point is that Maddux is ours for a reason. God did not give her to someone else. He felt we were the best parents for her and that only we could provide her wants and needs. Most of the time I think the exact opposite happened. I was not half the person I am today before she came into my life. My husband was not half the person he is today before she arrived. I think the same can be said for the rest of my family. Maddux has brought so much joy into our lives that it has made it so enjoyable to be around her. I thank Him everyday for giving her to us, epilepsy and autism included. Sure, there are times that I would rather tell her something once rather than 6 times because she pieces it together each time to make a full statement. Not always, but sometimes. And there is not a bath given that I don't want her to wash her own hair and make her adversion to bubbles disappear. Then I think about her. I can not imagine anyone who would want to have these issues. She probably doesn't want them as much as I wish she didn't have them. One thing remains the same and that is that she's our Maddux, issues or not. I know she will continue to recover and heal from all of her trials and we will all be here to continue to cheer her on!

The trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so:
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd grow.
Russel Kelfer

3 comments:

Mary Morrow said...

WOW!
This was beautiful. Thank you for sharing your Maddux with the online community & may the Lord continue to bless your family & continue to heal Maddux!

Childishcouture said...

What a BEAUTIFUL and UPLIFTING Blog!

Jennifer said...

WOW this was beautiful and so deep. You are truly beautiful and loving and you have such a wonderful family and a beautiful daughter!