she did it again...

our girl finished first grade!!!!!!! and she not only finished it she rocked it! I am a little late on her blogging so she has already started 2nd but I am trying to catch up! She did smashing this year. Made some friends and some enemies.... yes I said enemies in first grade. But they are good for her to learn that not all people love Maddux! Crazy I know! Who doesn't love Maddux! Next year is sure to be tough but she has already shown such great improvement.
We have added speech after school and it has already shown us that she really does know more than we think. It is just a matter of how to ask. That is always the question.... how can i say this so she will understand. but she is doing so well.
we have lowered her seizure meds to 2 MLs BID ( that means twice a day ) and no thoughts now on taking her off. I am not mentally ready for that. She is doing so well on her 2ml and i feel like i need that extra boost of medicine comfort. All the prayers in the world sometimes do not feel as comfortable as a dose of medicine. it is true. i hate to admit it. but we all know we feel that way.
thanks for following her this year. and second grade is sure to bring more miracles!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

you certainly do "ROCK" little lady DIVA!
(and yay for mom finally posting!)

Kat said...

I love your picture of the kids on the last day of school. Of course I always love your pics! The last one of Maddux- she looks so much like you in it! I can't believe that she had any enemies. That is just scary in 1st grade. I know there was someone Em always talked about being mean to people. I can't imagine someone not liking Maddux- Emily just loved her and misses her and all her other HG friends so much!!She has homework every night at her new school. Every night!Next week she starts getting some math that we aren't allowed to help her in. Crazy! I hop that Maddux has a great year and look forward to the updates!
We have set up a blog at www.kaleidoscope-kat.blogspot.com
It has some pics from last year and new pics from this year.

Kathy and Emily Nielsen

Kate said...

Best class photo EVER.

Congratulations to Maddux on finishing first grade! Well done!

My TWO Blessings said...

I have to tell you....your blog site for Maddux is the most moving and gorgeous site I have seen yet. Your photographs of Maddux show Autism in every form that a mother can appreciate and in the most captivating way I've ever seen. I too have a child with autism, a 4 year old, who is thriving with early intervention and Maddux's story has given me even more hope and dreams for my son's future. I have only one suggestion...take this blog and make it into a BOOK !!!! The photographs, scriptures, and short stories/updates have such tremendous POWER and IMPACT. You have such a wonderful story to share of a beautiful child through your photographs, a loving family who trusts the Lord, wonderful teachers/therapists/and friends, and God is with you and we all can see it in the beautiful photographs you have captured of her progress. YOU are an inspiration to me as a mother...thank you for "Finding Maddux"...it has been a gift to look at and to read! Shelby Johnson, NC

Kristi said...

I follow your blog regularly and just love to see how much your daughter has grown. Sounds like she is doing great in school. My daughter will be entering 4th grade and boy am I nervous. I cannot believe how much time has gone by. She made leaps and bounds again last year and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will continue to do so.

photographing autism said...

thank you all for following her story! i am slow to post but i try to make it worth the wait! thanks for allowing us to show you our maddux!