3 years

last i left off 3 years ago, my final sentence was:

welcome to your new world maddux. i am ready. you are ready. now lets see what happens.


Little did I know the following 3 years we would spin. spin into more unknown places, familiar but forgotten places, and walk head on into what the literal Jesus is happening places.

To recap our last 3 circles around the sun would be to quickly move past the hardest 3 years of our lives. Both Maddux's on her own and ours as a family. Specifically me. If you refuse to talk about something, you are not healed. It's gonna come back. Prepare yourself. If you are afraid to speak certain things into existence, prepare yourself. If you think your child isn't acting like their normal. Prepare yourself. I can go into each of these things later as we unravel it all but for the sake of writing a novel I will bullet point.

depression
anxiety
self hurting
isolation
return of seizures
malnutrition
homeschool
pectus excavatum
brain tumor
cbd
JESUS

there you have it. our 3 years in a bullet points. minus the bullets bc I don't know how to do those on an iMac. that is Maddux's 3 years. My journey was quite different but similar. Mine went as so:

depression
depression
PTSD
depression
isolation
anger
depression
cbd
JESUS

see similar.. but different. we all handle things differently. we all carry it differently and we all move through life in ways to make what we deal with doable. but what happens in the end of all the unraveling is if I did not have that last word on either of our lists I know for sure Maddux would not still be here and my condition would definitely be unknown. Just ask my mama Carol and papa Guy.

So we are back. back to continue to share our journey. back to coach what we have learned. advice against things we did we shouldn't have and for Maddux to tell you her journey in her words. Maddux is here. She is the biggest light to everyone's lives who know her and shes ready to tell you how this whole new life came to be. we just had to LISTEN.


No comments: