she changes people.

There are 2 things I know about her.

 One, she is her own person and could care less what anyone thinks about her (my favorite part).

Two.....

 she changes people

She is not super aware of her surroundings unless it interests her.  A lot like most of us. But unless it involves a dog, another special needs person of any age or her friends she could care less. She has 3 very close friends.
She doesn't count her likes and is not trying to build an empire of friends. She has few and knows that is all you need. Although she has few, the 3 she has are kids I would be proud to call my very own.

They support her.

They love her attachment to dogs.

They embrace her Chris Daughtry shirt that she refuses to wear anyway but backwards.

Kudos to her who in middle school where it can be the hardest time for a girl to "fit in" she stands out and eats lunch with the principal.
She has even caught the eye of a boy or two who when they actually realize what life is all about will see she will be the last girl standing with realness.

Slowly I see her changing people in ways that helps them at what ever stage they are in life. Younger and older.

She doesn't see it but I hope one day she will be aware enough to see how she affects people. I have written a letter to her and to her brother on their birthday every year since they were born. Each year showing what they accomplished.

What they stumbled on.

How they changed from it.

You never know what each day brings. Knowing those letters are here, that I hand wrote to them and they can read one day when I am not here gives me a feeling of mothering them even when I can not any more.

Maddux created a special bond with this girl and she wrote a letter about Maddux for a project and I wanted to share it and let it have its own post for her blog. She has been a big part of Maddux's life this year and her words melted me. Thank you Miss M for making my girl feel special. She sure thinks you are swell.

 I know this bc she smiles.





the letter

and fyi Maddux refers to herself as Macy. Her teachers thought her name was Macy for 3 weeks....
this kid kills me.



Keep her close Maddux (Macy)


"In life once you fear you LOSE. With me I always ask you to never be scared.
We know that tomorrow is not promised, but as long as we are by each others side
 in life every possible moment allowed we are WINNING"


No comments: